We seem to be living, in a time, when many public officials, often, seem challenged, by, the truth and/ or facts, and rather than focusing on service, and the public good, simply, proceed, using empty rhetoric, fake claims, and making promises, rather than on relevant, sustainable solutions, based on reality, and needs, goals, and priorities, of constituents, and this nation! Many, regardless of their personal, political preferences, would agree, very little of consequence, comes from, our legislatures, etc. With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly, consider, review, and discuss, 7 examples of why, it would be better, for the United States, if we addressed and performed, in the best possible manners, and approaches.
1. Fake news, versus Trump Fake Facts: From the time, Donald Trump, became a candidate, and, even before that, he often referred to, whatever differed with him, or his perspectives/ preferences, as Fake News, even when the overwhelming preponderance of the true facts, states otherwise. Political fact – checkers, constantly, point to the enormous amount and degree of lying, and/ or mis – statements, articulated by this President. How can a relevant, sustainable, beneficial decision, be arrived at, when an individual is either, unwilling to face the facts, and proceed accordingly?
2. Immigration numbers: Some claim the leader of the free world, purposely mis – states, nearly every aspect related to immigration, in order to appeal, to his core supporters, and political base. Whatever his reasons or motivations, quality decisions must be based on verified, appropriate data, rather than purposely, mis – stated!
3. Do the research: In the first 18 months of his Presidency, President Trump, has changed the apparent norms, and often, proceeded, in a seemingly, unprepared manner. His statements, proclaiming, he is prepared, and has been preparing for something, his entire life, does not make it fact! Consider, his Summit in Korea, approaches to NATO, NAFTA, the Paris Accords, the European Union, BREXIT, and/ or Russia, concern those, who seek leaders, who learn, consider, and discuss the alternatives and options, carefully, thoroughly, and without prejudgments.
4. Political interference in elections: Whether it’s the President’s statements, recently, in an apparent attempt to influence, the political situation, in the United Kingdom, or his denials, despite every intelligence agency’s confirmation, to the contrary, of Russian interference in the 2016 elections, how does his behavior and rhetoric, make America, greater?
5. Freedom of Press: Our Founding Fathers strongly believed, we need a free press, in order to protect our freedoms and liberties. Constantly accusing news people, and the vast majority of the Press, as liars, and bad people, because they investigate and question, is contrary to the American way!
6. Minority rights: Equal protections of the law, and protecting the rights of all people, is essential to protecting the United States! Whether intended or not, his articulations, have created perceptions, of him, having some personal agenda, or biases, and favoring the wealthiest Americans, more than the rest of us!
7. Tax/ economic policy: Trickle – down economics is not a new concept, but merely a re – hashed one, which has been tried before, with far less than stellar results! The tax legislation, he so proudly brags, about, seems to clearly benefit the wealthiest 1%, and larger corporations, far more than the rest of us, especially the middle class, he often campaigned, as a champion, to! His recent implementation of significant tariffs, is contrary to, both, U.S. policy, as well as what most economists consider to be, sound economics.
When public officials fail to tell the truth, or make facts – based decisions, the results, generally, suffer! When will the American electorate, demand more, and better?
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, conducted personal development seminars, and worked on political campaigns, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. Website: http://plan2lead.net and LIKE the Facebook page for common sense politics: http://facebook.com/commonsense4all
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Richard_Brody/492539
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9975790